New Member with Club Car Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member with Club Car Question

My name is Scott and I am a golf course superintendent and have been working on Yamaha gas golf carts for the last 15 years.

I have a couple of questions about a friend of mines Club Car that is not charging. The serial # is AG9630-512207. My friend replaced the Voltage Regulator (VR) but it still wont charge. The VR he took out was a 2 wire and the new one has 4 wires is this a problem?

I would also like to know how to test the VR and starter generator. the cart has a CCW starter generator.

All the Yamaha SG's i have worked on look nearly identical other than the fact that they have 2 wires where the Club Car only has 1.

Posted earlier by zr900 View Post
    My name is Scott and I am a golf course superintendent and have been working on Yamaha gas golf carts for the last 15 years.

I have a couple of questions about a friend of mines Club Car that is not charging. The serial # is AG9630-512207. My friend replaced the Voltage Regulator (VR) but it still wont charge. The VR he took out was a 2 wire and the new one has 4 wires is this a problem?

I would also like to know how to test the VR and starter generator. the cart has a CCW starter generator.

All the Yamaha SG's i have worked on look nearly identical other than the fact that they have 2 wires where the Club Car only has 1.

The cart is a 1996. I have 2000 thru 2003's. I had the same thing going on with one of them the other day. I replace the VR and the Brushes in the SG and still had no charging. I then checked the continuity of the yellow wire from the SG to the VR. It was broken at the halfway point where the factory had zip tied it so forcefull that it wore through. Fixed it and bingo away we go.
    To check and see if the SG is putting out juice. 1) Take the yellow wire off the SG. Cover the end so it can't ground out and pop your fuse. 2)make a jumper and jump from the yellow wire post to the A2 post (on the end of the SG). This bypasses the VR and moves current directly to the battery 3) Turn the cam lockout (little yellow rounds disk with nubs directly behind the F & R lever) so the car will run in neutural. Start the car and check the voltage at the battery you should get 17ish if the SG is working properly. If not over the battery voltage your brushes may need replacing. Not sure if there's a way to check the VR. Hope this helps
    Updated by snopro; June 22, 2012, 10:34 PM. Reason: not finished

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X