Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Squeel when step on gas. Replaced drive belt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeel when step on gas. Replaced drive belt.

I am very new to golf cart repairs. I have a 95 Club Car DS. Many times when I step on the gas, either nothing happens for a few seconds or it squeals loudly, then will go. Once running, it runs perfectly until I stop, then it will squeal again or not go at all for a few seconds. Looking at some forums, it was suggested to change the drive belt, which I did, but no help. I find if I pump the pedal, that often gets me going. I keep seeing threads about Starter belt. Isn't the other belt (not the drive belt) just for the generator and have nothing to do with driving or starting? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Updated by ppisciot; June 10, 2012, 06:15 PM.

Sounds like your starter belt is slipping. Park on level spot. Take off the seat. Put cart in nuetural. Turn the lockout cam so cart will run in nuetural. Step on the gas. Watch the starter belt, it should start the engine turning imeadiately. If you hear a whiiring or sqeaking from where the belt goes over the starter wheel you need to either replace the belt or tighten it. Feel the underside of the starter belt and if it feels rough and flakes off when you pick at it...replace it. Some times belt dressing works but replacing it is better.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Assumed that was only a generator belt and the drive belt was squeaking. I'm learning!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X