If the key switch is left on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the key switch is left on...

Will it run the battery down? Will it harm the ignition?

Thanks in advance. Tim

I have a 2001 Club Car DS gas

The reason I ask this question is because Cindy and I use it and it is Cindys cart but, she often thinks she has left the key switch on and have to go check. We surely don't want any problems.

unless you have a gas gage dont worry bout it, i leave mine on for weeks. even if you do have a gage, it will take weeks to drain the battery. once the go pedal is released that shuts every thing down.

Comment

No gas gage here but i do have a Club Car hour meter it's got two wires coming out of it and appears to be hooked up but, it's not working. I'll have to check into that some time it has around 700 hours on it.

thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Almost forgot the previous owner wired after market headlights and it is wired to a switch first.
      Updated by Buell; May 10, 2012, 08:50 PM.

Comment

as long as no accesories are on it wont matter.

Comment

Like Pistolpete said If you forget and leave it on don't worry about it, That said try to get in the habit of turning it off, just in case it gets left for days, weeks or even months.

Comment

Thanks gaminde we are working on getting into the habit of turning the switch off and so far have not left it on.

Thanks for sayin. Tim

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X