Last thing I needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last thing I needed

I have a 95 club cart gas model that stopped and won't restart. I have removed the rear body for easy access, I have good spark and gas. I did a compression test and it's only 20 pounds. It is also blowing gas thru the carb back toward the air box.

I got this used and have been told at one time the person working on it broke off the butterfly and never located half of it.

What do you they might find?the cart shop). I'm a retiree and not a big budget. Could I save some bucks by removing the head or should I just take it in. Any help much appreciated.
    Updated by airborneod; March 16, 2012, 04:58 PM. Reason: Missing word

I would pull the carburetor and any manifold off, try to look up into the valve area for your half butterfly. Almost sounds like the valve is stuck open. Could just be out of timing. Check valve settings, the timing, points and spark first.

Not sure compression check is valid some of these motor have a governor on them and do not reach full compression until there at a specific RPM so what RPM was it cranking at ???

If all else fails pull the head it will cost a gasket then you can take it to the shop if its all messed up.

Start at the top and work your way down.
    Updated by gaminde; March 16, 2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

i do believe that the half butterfly is goin to be stuck in the intake valve also. usually they just go right thru the engine with no signs of any damage to the engine at all. the way to tell is it wont run at low speeds, its wide open all the time.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X