1999 will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 will not start

so i have a 1999 club car with the gas motor, turns over fine but will not fire. first found that the fuel pump was bad. I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter still no fire.....removed and cleaned the carb....still no fire...checked spark and it was fine but i went ahead and replaced the spark plug...still no fire. also i have checked the plug and it doesnt seem wet..??

i can make it run by removing the air intake hose and spraying starter fluid.

let me add that i was "given" this cart after it sat up for one year. it ran great when it was last parked.

HELP!!! lol

maybe starter generator brushes are weak

Comment

Posted earlier by craig8d8 View Post
      i can make it run by removing the air intake hose and spraying starter fluid.
      Yes that is the first thing I would do, if it runs you know you got a fuel problem.
      Regards

Comment

i had a similar problem on a '92. turned out the brass fitting for the fuel line going into the carb you were able to move that should not be. that caused the carb to suck more air then fuel. I installed a good used carb and that took care of it . so i would check the fitting and make sure you can not move or rotate it
        IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
        sigpic

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X