Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas in oil pan

HI everyone,
    I thought I had the problem fixed with replacing the fuel pump. To no avail did this fix the problem. I started the cart tonight it ran horrible, smell the oil and low and behold gas again in the oil pan. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this problem or have heard of this problem? Please help my wife is becoming upset as well as me. This again is a 06 club cart precedent.
    Thanks
    Harry
    Updated by Harry; November 15, 2011, 07:58 PM.

Posted earlier by Harry View Post
    HI everyone,
    I thought I had the problem fixed with replacing the fuel pump. To no avail did this fix the problem. I started the cart tonight it ran horrible, smell the oil and low and behold gas again in the oil pan. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this problem or have heard of this problem? Please help my wife is becoming upset as well as me. This again is a 06 club cart precedent.
    Thanks
    Harry
    Probably a stuck float in the carburetor, or it is out of adjustment. Was the carburetor replaced before, and is it aftermarket? And what lead up to this problem aswell?
    Regards

Comment

The carb is the original to the cart. I've taken the bowl off and the float seems to be ok. I think you maybe on track I may need a new carb that the only thing that hasn't been replaced. There was nothing that lead up to the problem it just happened once . Then out of the blue it's happend 4 more times when left over night after driving the cart.
      Thanks Matti
      Harry
      Updated by Harry; November 16, 2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Yep the one thing of advise I must give you is to spend the extra money and purchase a OEM original carburetor from Club Car. Don't buy a aftermarket one because their only trouble down the road.
        Regards

Comment

Did you get this fixed? I am not sure if there is any kind of a pet**** on these cars but if you had a pair of vice grips or comparable clamping device, after you are done running it for the day you could pinch off the fuel line and see if you don't have fuel in the CC the next morning? Just a thought, hope it helps.

Comment

I had a similar problem, but the cart would lurch radically. I took the carb apart and found a lot of crud in it. After a real good cleaning the wasn't quite as bad but still there. I looked a new carbs too, but their really salty, so I looked a carb rebuild kits; even so they are salty.
            After a long thinking period I took the carb off again and took a much closer look at everything. These carbs just don't go bad, something had to be causing the problem.
            When I removed the float and needle valve, I found a clump of crud stuck the the rubber seat on the needle valve. The clump was causing the valve not to seat closed when the fuel bowl was full. In your case, this will allow fuel to drip into the intake and down the cylinder wall and into the cran case.

If need be, you can replace the needle valve assembly, but check things over real close and make sure the float isn't sticking.

Oh yea! Make sure you have FRESH CLEAN FUEL.... The cart in mention had been sitting for 3 years and the owner didn't tell me this until after I spent 3 days working on it.

I hope this helps.

Rich
            Updated by rgamore; January 1, 2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X