Is there a bad module of club car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a bad module of club car

Iam looking to buy a cart and wondering if there was any years to avoid. Just want one to drive around town.

Gas? Not really. The OHV's are harder to work on and do need rebuilds after 10 years of service. The flatheads are an easier engine to work on IMO.

couple good articles on those years
    http://www.golfcartsforum.com/genera...-car-have.html
    http://www.golfcartsforum.com/genera...olf-carts.html
    http://www.golfcartsforum.com/genera...do-i-have.html
    Regards

Comment

thanks . I have heard some about plastic gears in the diffs in some of them are they any count ????

Comment

Posted earlier by cwhford View Post
        thanks . I have heard some about plastic gears in the diffs in some of them are they any count ????
        I wish I could elaborate on that, I am not sure. I had to go into the rear on my 88, no plastic gears in there.
        Regards

Comment

thanks for all the info . looking at a 91 club car guy said it runs fine for awhile then acts up. he said it will turn over but no start . the dealer told him it needs new rings.

Comment

Posted earlier by cwhford View Post
            thanks for all the info . looking at a 91 club car guy said it runs fine for awhile then acts up. he said it will turn over but no start . the dealer told him it needs new rings.
            Run a compression test on it, should be in the range of 120-150psi. Anything lower and the engine is getting tired.
            Regards

Comment

Actually the KF82 engine should have 80 to 100 psi compression according to the manual. The engines used after 1991 such as the FE290 etc... had the higher compression. And if I am right, I think the rear ends utilize 3/4" steel gears throughout. They can handle up to around 40hp with no worries according to Tom at CPP.

Jason
              Updated by jace1975; October 27, 2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Posted earlier by jace1975 View Post
                Actually the KF82 engine should have 80 to 100 psi compression according to the manual. The engines used after 1991 such as the FE290 etc... had the higher compression. And if I am right, I think the rear ends utilize 3/4" steel gears throughout. They can handle up to around 40hp with no worries according to Tom at CPP.

Jason
                Thank you.
                Regards

Comment

i would try and get a newer cart with the fe 350 engine

Comment

i have found my e-z-go with a robin to be simple to work on.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X