over voltage issues 92 club car carryall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over voltage issues 92 club car carryall

has a new start/charge motor but looks like the starter solenoid works fine, there is another solenoid "box" in the same electrical box as all the fuse, starter solenoid, and throttle assembly and it smoked but it seems to still work but with it is hooked up i get too much voltage, enough to cook all my lights and key switch relay. When i disconnect the wire that goes to the start/charge motor i have no problems, but it wont charge at all. so dose it sound like the voltage regulator has gone bad or something els. also when it is over charging it is ver high voltage around 30volts and heavy load on the engine. any held would be nice

thanks
    Zdude

Okay I just look up a new voltage regulator on line and the box i discribed as the cooked solenoid in the electricle box is what it came up with.... what in the large two wire "voltage regulator looking" box that located in the frame rail and hooked to the start/charge motor ??????

ok the box on the frame rail is a Club Car Golf Cart Diode Kit 1022725 and i have no clue what it is i had to look it up as a bobcat prowler (that is what it really it) but it is hard to find the rite parts for bobcats. i think i am going to order the regulator some time in the nest day or so, if no one helps me out

thanks

Sounds like you're talking about the voltage regulator in the black box there. If it's fried it definately needs replaced. Your post is a little hard to follow. Try to be a little more straight forward with what exactly you want help with. The black box contains the throttle assembly, solenoid, a fuse, and the voltage regulator, to my knowledge. Never heard of a diode kit, but then again, I've never worked on your year of cart either. I have no doubt Matt will be able to help if you can try a little patience. How does the Bobcat figure into this by the way. You are working on a 92 CC Carryall right?

Jason

Comment

Here's a link to the voltage regulator for your cart. Is this the part you are looking at?

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/club-ca...regulator.html

Jason

Comment

Okay, that is the same thing that cooked. i got it on order ... thanks for the link. info on the cart it is a Bobcat pioneer 1200 but it is a club car pioneer in real life sold, serviced, and sticker-ed by Bobcat but all the parts i get for it, i get from club car. the pic on the frame is pictured but still don't know what it dose, one wire from the gen the other to the battery. your guess is as good as mine
        thanks again
        Attached Files
        Updated by zdude; September 20, 2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X