1993 ez-go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 ez-go

this cart has a 2cycle eng. I am currently replacing the piston & cyl. it was galded which tells me I must have a problem with the oil injection, I dont have a shop manual , would apreciate any input. thanks geerod.

Premix your gas, the oil injectors are known to go with out warning.
    Regards

Comment

my only concern with that is the gas going stale, Ive had good results with my saw/weed eater mix"s using still brand mix, it already has a stabilizer in it. havent check it out yet but rumor has it we have a local petro station selling eathanol free gas. do you have any good oil recomendations? I know can purchase stabilizer seperately

Comment

Ethanol in fuel is no more than 10% at most. Regular gasoline doesn't go stale for years but with the addition of ethanol the shelf life is reduced to about 90 days because of it's ability to absorb water. The only way it can cause a problem is if it absorbs water, storing fuel in a sealed container will not allow moisture and ethanol fuel will last for years.

You can use a stabilizer but I don't think it does anything to prevent water absorption which is the major issue for ethanol fuel.

I have never had any issues with ethanol fuel even after it's 2 years old.

Comment

Posted earlier by geerod View Post
          my only concern with that is the gas going stale, Ive had good results with my saw/weed eater mix"s using still brand mix, it already has a stabilizer in it. havent check it out yet but rumor has it we have a local petro station selling eathanol free gas. do you have any good oil recomendations? I know can purchase stabilizer seperately
          Any 2 cycle oil is fine. What is the difference if it is mixed or not. Either way the fuel will go stale in the same amount of time. Add a stabilizer if you are scared of it. Doug also has some good information in his post.
          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X