Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 hp harbor freight honda clone conversion

13 hp harbor freight honda clone conversion
    I'm trying to figure out the best config for the motor mount on my conversion. The old 290 was already out when I bought it with the clone just sitting in the engine area not mounted, so although I know the original used the rubber grommets/metal dowels setup I"m not sure how that would work with my new install. The pan is too thin to be a substantial mount and I'm wondering if I'm missing a part of the motor mount system as all I have is the frame and the thin metal pan. I'll try to upload photos. So if I use some heavy flat steel and slot it parallel to the axle where it would bolt to the frame and slot it long ways where the motor would bolt to it wouldn't that give me esentially infinite adjustment to line up the motor/drive clutch with the driven clutch on the transmission? Second question should I plan on trying to use the (vibration dampening?) rubber motor mounts and thirdly should I ditch the pan which has a sheet of foil covered foam type material on it?
    Attached Files

I have 2 carry alls. One with a FE290. Both motors are hard bolted directly to the pan. The vibration is removed via the front snubber around the tab bolted on the front of the pan. The slotting for your mod is a great idea to get perfect belt alignment.

Comment

the pan is too thin to be a substantial mount and I'm wondering if I'm missing a part of the motor mount system
      No, this is the correct setup.

So if I use some heavy flat steel and slot it parallel to the axle where it would bolt to the frame and slot it long ways where the motor would bolt to it wouldn't that give me esentially infinite adjustment to line up the motor/drive clutch with the driven clutch on the transmission?
      That sounds like a great idea!

Second question should I plan on trying to use the (vibration dampening?) rubber motor mounts
      Yes, yes and yes!

and thirdly should I ditch the pan which has a sheet of foil covered foam type material on it?
      Peel it off if it annoys you, its just there to deflect heat.

Would a picture of a current setup help you install it?
      Regards

Comment

Matti,

I would love to see a few pics of a factory setup including some close ups, I think it would help me understand how the original bolted on.

Thanks
        Billy

Comment

I noticed the kit for sale on carts plus website had 4 metal innertubes and 8 rubber motor mounts. are there two rubber motor mounts on each tube/bolt? to mount the motor on?

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/club-ca...ne-mounts.html

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I will post pictures tomorrow as I got very busy today. I will check on the mounts, I forget if they had them or not.
            Regards

Comment

Matti,

I was able to find a diagram of the factory motor mount setup. I was missing the true motor mount plate. The pan was just that simply a pan/skid plate of sorts. I've fabricated a new mount out of some aluminum plate I got from a friend. I've got the holes drilled 3/4" diameter so that the rubber mounts fit in the hole with the ferrele/tube inserted in the rubber mount. I don't have eight rubber mounts so I'll fabricate some rubber mounts for the top side of the motor mount these will go between the motor mount plate and the underside of the motor itself. Seems to me that cc was essentially "floating the motor mount" on rubber bushings to help isolate vibration along with the snubber that connects the motor mount frame to the cart frame.

Billy
              Ps some photos would be nice

Comment

Do you have pics of the completed install?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X