Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Discharges

Hello.
    I have a problem with my battery discharging while in use.
    It eventually will die.
    It will run again after charging the battery.
    Is there a volage regulator that keeps the battery charged.
    Club Car gas DS.

Posted earlier by Backwoods Buster View Post
    Is there a volage regulator that keeps the battery charged.
    Yes, you have a combination starter/generator on your cart along with a voltage regulator. You either have a bad connection or one of those 2 are bad.

Comment

I have the same problem on my 04 precedent. How do you isolate the problem to either the generator or regulator? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Did you buy the cart like this? I just fixed a 84 EZ-GO last weekend with the same problem. Whoever installed the starter/generator wired it wrong. Also, found the side terminal on the battery touching the frame.
        If the wiring is all correct. I would test the starter/generator using a volt meter by putting the "+" test lead on terminal "DF" on the generator and the "-" test lead on the "-" post of the battery. Or vise versa. Press the pedal and if the reading goes up your good and if it doesnt, you have a voltage regulator issue. So your running your cart directly off the battery.

Comment

Man i hate when that happenes. Battery tenders are a carts best friend!

Comment

So to learn more on the troubleshooting of this problem what did you find to be the problem?

Comment

Matti,

I have a 1993 Club Car Gas - I recently had the starter/Generator rebuilt by a Small Engine distributor. However - I have burned up two brand new interstate battery's. I can charge the battery and it will run most of the day at camp.

I'm thinking voltage regulator, but not sure where it is or what it looks like.

After your suggestion and I find it, can I get one at the local franchise parts store or do I have to get one from a golf cart store or website distributor.

Obviously I will have to go get another battery.

Comment

Voltage regulator is in little black box on the driver's side underneath the seat. Best to get from golf cart parts place like Cart Parts Plus or Buggies Unlimited, or local Club Car dealer, if you're lucky enough to have one in the area. The little black box is next to your battery and under the choke underneath the seat, one screw removes it, be careful stuffing the wires back in it when you replace the regulator, sometimes it's a tight fit. You're lucky, mine stuck on overcharge and cooked a bunch of things, along with the battery exploding while I was on the seat! Good luck!

Comment

I'm only getting 12 volts at the battery - any suggestions that it still might be my starter / Generator wasn't rebuilt correctly.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X