cart not running again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cart not running again

if some one could give me advice i would greatly appreciate it. 6 or 7 months ago my cart wouldnt run it was electric, i got a new battery, new brushes in the generator, and finially a voltage regulator that done the trick, now my cart is doing the same thing, i had a stereo hooked up but now iv took it out thinking that might be what it is, my battery charged in twenty min so i know its still good, so iv got another voltage regulator ordered hoping thats what it is again, im hoping the stereo was causing this but not sure any advice or suggestions would be appreciated thanks. 04 gas club car

Hello, did it just do it in the middle of using it? Does it do any noises right now? Do you have over 12 volts in the battery?
    Regards

Comment

its a 6 volt battery, i can charge it in about ten min so i believe the battery is good, and i just went out to get on it and it was dead, i charged the battery the head lights came on bright but soon as i gave it gas it goes down and clicks for a coupole seconds and then nothing, its exactly the way it was 6 months ago when i put the voltage regulator in, thats why im assuming its the voltage regulator again, not understanding whats causing it, thats why i took the cd player completly out thank you for responding

Comment

Posted earlier by bodetis View Post
        its a 6 volt battery, i can charge it in about ten min so i believe the battery is good, and i just went out to get on it and it was dead, i charged the battery the head lights came on bright but soon as i gave it gas it goes down and clicks for a coupole seconds and then nothing, its exactly the way it was 6 months ago when i put the voltage regulator in, thats why im assuming its the voltage regulator again, not understanding whats causing it, thats why i took the cd player completly out thank you for responding
        If you have a stock gas 2004 club car then your cart has a 12 volt starter/generator in it, which requires a 12 volt battery. If you really have a 6 volt battery in it, then this is your problem
        Regards

Comment

im sorry matti it is a 12 volt and today i installed another voltage regulator in it and its been running fine, could it have been the stereo doing it or is there a problem with the generator causing the voltage regulator to go bad, or maybe the regulator just went bad on its own, it just doesnt make since but thank you for giving responding, for some reason i cant get any advice when it comes to golfcarts, especially sailors, they just dont wanna help ya.

Comment

Posted earlier by bodetis View Post
            im sorry matti it is a 12 volt and today i installed another voltage regulator in it and its been running fine, could it have been the stereo doing it or is there a problem with the generator causing the voltage regulator to go bad, or maybe the regulator just went bad on its own, it just doesnt make since but thank you for giving responding, for some reason i cant get any advice when it comes to golfcarts, especially sailors, they just dont wanna help ya.
            I dont think that the radio did anything, I just think you got lucky and luck isnt always good If it goes bad again, id have to say that you need to check your setup but I dont think that it hurt it unless there is a problem with your radio or wiring setup which is grounding out or making 2 wires touch. Glad it is fixed
            Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X