84 cc gas flywheel nut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 cc gas flywheel nut?

How tight should the nut on the flywheel shaft be? If I loosen it enough for the flywheel (engine) to turn over, the nut is fairly loose. If I tighten it to where I think it should be, the flywheel (engine) won't budge.

Posted earlier by dirtman View Post
    How tight should the nut on the flywheel shaft be? If I loosen it enough for the flywheel (engine) to turn over, the nut is fairly loose. If I tighten it to where I think it should be, the flywheel (engine) won't budge.
    The coil must be too tight on the flywheel then, you need to first loosen the coil and then tighten up the flywheel with an impact, and then set the coil. I have to look up the spacing.
    Regards

Comment

Flywheel slides on to shaft good. Turns good with new exciter coil installed. Torgue the nut down and it tightens up the flywheel so much I can't turn at all. Gonna take it back off this am and see what's happening. Supposed to have 60-65 lbs on it, but I doubt if I have 40 on it now.

Comment

I figured it out. I put the new exciter coil small outside pickup (white wire) on backwards, thus jamming the flywheel against it when I tightened the nut. Dumb me for not paying closer attention to how the old one came off. Thanks for all of your responses.

Comment

Great, glad to hear your problem is solved
          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X