Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 gas club car problem

Hey there;
    I am new to this site, but not new to the used cart scene. I bought a used 1984 gas club car recently and it has been giving me fits.
    I have posted on other sites with various issues on my club car. Before I ask my question.....either a local shop or myself has replaced
    almost everything relating to this issue except the excitor coil and the rev limiter (which the ground is disconnected and it runs).

That said.....it will start and run fine for 500 yards until it warms up. Then it starts to bog down. At that point, I can turn the key to OFF and it will pick back up and run again for about 200 yards....then turn key back to ON and runs agin 200 yards...and so on and so on.

Knowing that the rev limiter is bad...would this contribute to the problem.? Not sure that it would.

I have checked everything I know to check and about ready to shoot this thing. I am going to start checking wires in the wiring harness one by one and see what's good or bad. It seems to me if it was a wiring / grounding problem it would be prevailent at all times...not just when it warms up.

.....and YES I have good fuel and good spark.

Anything else?

OK...replaced the rev limiter and same issue. Going to install a new exciter coil next. Not sure what either one has to do with the off/ on deal in the NEW ignition switch.

Comment

I need a wiring diagram for a 86

Comment

Sounds like a doosy. I definately think you are looking in the right direction in terms of suspecting the wiring. Maybe a wire ground out or multiple wires bad.

Jason

Comment

sounds to me to be a fuel delivery problum chech all the vacum lines

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X