Cart wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart wont start

I have a '92 club cart that will not start - have checked the solenoid and have power to the starter when the peddle is depressed - does that mean that he starter is bad are is there somewhere else I should look?

Posted earlier by BamaFan View Post
    I have a '92 club cart that will not start - have checked the solenoid and have power to the starter when the peddle is depressed - does that mean that he starter is bad are is there somewhere else I should look?
    Does it do anything when you press the pedal? Does the engine turn over? Do you hear a click noise?
    Regards

Comment

You can hear the solenoid click but the engine will not turn over - it started a couple of weeks ago. You would think the battery was low but when I placed it on the charger it would have a full charge.

Comment

New here, have a 1995 club car with kawaski motor on hit, we press the pedal and the motor turn over but no fire, we have changed the plug also. Sometimes while we are missing with it, we just try and it will crank and we move it, but it dies back out, any info please.

Comment

Posted earlier by J00F150 View Post
          New here, have a 1995 club car with kawaski motor on hit, we press the pedal and the motor turn over but no fire, we have changed the plug also. Sometimes while we are missing with it, we just try and it will crank and we move it, but it dies back out, any info please.
          Hello and welcome to the forums. In this order, check for compression. Use an automotive compression gauge, should have around 140 psi. Then check for spark. If that is okay, then you most likely have a fuel problem. Hold open the throttle, spray some starting fluid in, then try to start. If it runs and then stalls, you have a fuel problem.
          Regards

Comment

I have the same issue with a 1992 club car 290cc that I rebuilt. Battery is charged key on - press pedal and started does not turn over.

Does anyone have an idea what to check?
            JPJMUSTANG

1992 Club Car
            290cc Engine

Comment

Posted earlier by jpjmustang View Post
              I have the same issue with a 1992 club car 290cc that I rebuilt. Battery is charged key on - press pedal and started does not turn over.

Does anyone have an idea what to check?
              If you do not hear a click, jump the solenoid by running a 6 gage jumper cable across the 2 large terminals.
              Regards

Comment

on my 88 the problem was the brushes in the starter. I just banged on the starter and it would eventually work. i finally put new brushes in

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X