96? club car gas not starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96? club car gas not starting?

i have what i believe is a 96 club car, been driving it around the yard the past few days drove it 5 feet today to move it out of the way and it was fine then five minutes later when i went to drive it, it wouldn't do anything not even buzz when i put it in reverse so i threw it on the battery charger and still nothing...any ideas...could a broken ignition switch cause this? thanks for any and all ideas

Posted earlier by clubcart96 View Post
    i have what i believe is a 96 club car, been driving it around the yard the past few days drove it 5 feet today to move it out of the way and it was fine then five minutes later when i went to drive it, it wouldn't do anything not even buzz when i put it in reverse so i threw it on the battery charger and still nothing...any ideas...could a broken ignition switch cause this? thanks for any and all ideas
    Hello. Clean up the battery terminals and tighten them down. Check the fuses and see if any are no good.
    Regards

Comment

and....thank you matti it started right up, it was a blown fuse

Comment

Always glad to help
        Regards

Comment

Where are the fuses located?

Comment

Posted earlier by bac607 View Post
            Where are the fuses located?
            Pop open that black box, it's in there.
            Regards

Comment

Thanks. I hope this is not a dumb question but I have looked in the engine area and i dont see a black box. I see a thing behind the breather which is under the forward/rev switch is that it? I have not had a gas cart before and i dont know if the club cars are made the same.

thanks
              Brad

Comment

Posted earlier by bac607 View Post
                Thanks. I hope this is not a dumb question but I have looked in the engine area and i dont see a black box. I see a thing behind the breather which is under the forward/rev switch is that it? I have not had a gas cart before and i dont know if the club cars are made the same.

thanks
                Brad
                Hello, I was referring to a 1996 model. I noticed you have a Precedent, please check your other thread I will respond there
                Regards

Comment

Hello,
                  I am new to the cart scene. I own a 1990 gas club car carryall-1 model. I drove the cart all throughout the day and when I parked it for 5 minutes and came back to start it, I had no ignition. Would not turn on, Fuel guage did not work, lights did not work, but REVERSE sound came on when engaged. The Battery is new and the connections are tight. I believe it may be a fuse but cannot find location of fuse panel??? Please help
                  Updated by jlogantech; September 13, 2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by jlogantech View Post
                    Hello,
                    I am new to the cart scene. I own a 1990 gas club car carryall-1 model. I drove the cart all throughout the day and when I parked it for 5 minutes and came back to start it, I had no ignition. Would not turn on, Fuel guage did not work, lights did not work, but REVERSE sound came on when engaged. The Battery is new and the connections are tight. I believe it may be a fuse but cannot find location of fuse panel??? Please help
                    There is a fuse in the water tight black box.
                    Regards

Comment

if the fuse continues to blow you may need a better ground

Comment

Back to the future! This is from last year
                        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X