Charging a 1978 ish EZGO Electric Cart 36V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging a 1978 ish EZGO Electric Cart 36V

Hey y'all. I'm pretty new to electric carts. I just purchased a fixer upper for $500. I was told it's around 1978 ish. 36 Volt with the batteries replaced in 2015. Working on painting it up now. Rides good and the charge lasts a really long time. I have never ran it down to the point to where it has a great loss in performance. It has the Total Charge manual timer charger. I'm looking for some information and directions on how and for how long I should charge it. There are some days I ride it around for a couple hours. Some days it's just down our driveway to the mailbox and back. Should I charge it after driving it for 5 minutes? How do I judge the timer setting to keep from under or overcharging the batteries? Thanks for any input.

Hello, Welcome to Golf Carts Forum

When it's not in use I recommend charging the cart every 25-30 days. Now for your situation, with the manual rotary timer charger, Id charge it weekly if using it for only 5 minutes each day. Buy yourself a volt meter and you'll be able to read as the batteries become weak and when its time for a recharge. Use the weekly recharge schedule I recommended. Always keep the batteries water level in check.
    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X