Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 ezgo How to remove stubborn wiper contact/cable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 ezgo How to remove stubborn wiper contact/cable ?

Hi to the group,

How do I get the old wiper contact out to replace it ?

First time poster, but I appreciate the depth of knowledge on this board

I'm restoring an 1979 EZGO and have had success so far. It's running with new batts and (mostly) new cables. 2 out of 3 new tires and new solenoid and key switch. Cosmetically it's a 3 out of 10, but some Camo paint should bring it up to 6.

While going through the wiring I found a crumbling cable with turns out to be the "Wiper contact" Looks like a cable to me, cant hurt to replace it, right ?

So, I order the part and it seems to match the pre 1982 format. I managed to get the first (outside) nut off and I thought it would be a simple matter to pull the cable/contact and replace with new part and reassemble in reverse order.

HOWEVER, no luck removing the old part, I tugged gently then not so gently, applied pt blaster/liquid wrench, turned inside-most nut, but no go.

I'm guessing that the contact end of the part has been peened over (mushroomed) so it won't slide out.

If I removed the armature that holds the contact/cable against the studs I might be able to punch it out, but that looks like a big can of worms

Not a lot of wrench room around this part and I'm trying to avoid further tear down.

So, any ideas ?

Help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Bert
Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X