no reverse but there is foward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no reverse but there is foward

i have a ez go golf cart but the problem is that it wont reverse, anyone have any ideas thanks.

What year?
    Regards

Comment

Could be a couple of things but we need more info. What type of cart do you have? Series? DCS? PDS?

Updated by dougmcp; May 11, 2011, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I am confused. My cart has the DCS Forward/Reverse lever and is a 2003. I wonder if there are other models.

Comment

The series cart and the DCS cart have the same lever.
          If the last 2 numbers in your MFG number plate are 03 and you have a handle like that you have a series cart.
          If you look under the seat you will see an 18"x1/4" rod that runs from the F-N-R handle to the passenger side connecting it to a rotary switch.
          Reverse just changes the polarity of the motor so if it runs in FWD it should run in REV.
          No reverse indicates you likely have a bad cable or connection to this switch or the contacts themselves are not making contact.

Comment

I had the same problem foward no reverse after checking all the connections I pulled the switch and bingo one of the crossover bars on the backside of the switch was fried and you can see it got hot the was an indication of a bad connection I took off all the nuts cleaned everything reassembled and works great

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X