g14 ignition problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g14 ignition problems

I recently purchased a non running g14 for $200 it needed a new cylinder head, i put the new parts on it and it runs but has intermittent spark. I was told the unit ran just fine until the exhaust valve guide came loose in the head and bent the push rod. From the parts breakdown and don't see any points. Does anyone have and ideas or procedures to test out the ignition components? thanks

Intermittent spark is caused by:a) faulty ignition coil; b) bad spark plug; c) bad ignition coil wire/connection; d) poor grounding of the coil;

1. Replace the spark plug (ensure gap is correct before installing);
    2. If problem still persist, ensure that the ignition coil cable is firmly attached to the coil;
    3. Check that the black wire coming from the coil is firmly grounded;
    4. Replace ignition coil

All in that order.

Comment

There is no black wire coming from the coil, just a orange and a red/white, i tried running a jumper wire from the leg of the coil to a ground and still missing. the coil is mounted to the plastic air shrouds,

Comment

Hi stringbean. When you had taken this engine apart, did you remove or touch the coil or flywheel?
        Regards

Comment

Nothing with the flywheel but i had the coil off, I also replaced the air shrouds around the cylinder. We have a coil tester at work i am going to see if it will work on there. The head was $400 so i don't wanna keep replacing ignition components until i find the problem. Thanks

Comment

OK, I tested the coil this morning and its good, nice strong spark. now what might it be?

Comment

Did you gap the coil when you put it back on? Also, now that it has spark does it run? Just figure, you need spark, gas and compression to run. You have spark, now check for gas and check for compression.
              Regards

Comment

the coil just bolts to the plastic air shroud and it runs but stil has intermittent spark

Comment

it was a bad wire, thanks for the help

Comment

Thanks for the update
                    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget