G9 Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G9 Power

I've got a G9 with problems going up hills. It seems that the gov. won't kick up the power a little use of the choke helps some but not alot. re-adjusted the entire throttle system from the pedal to the carb as per dealer manual. no leaks in the intake or crank seals (applied starting fluid to everything and didn't get a change in RPM) The gov shaft that goes into the trans seems to have a little slop. Any ideas would be appreciated

The governor has nothing to do with the choke, so if you need to choke the cart to get it to go better up hills it might be about time for an engine rebuild. Rings, seals and crank seals.
    Regards

Comment

the engine was gone thru about a year before I got it,oct 09, it actually looks like it, case gaskets, etc,(what you can see) the compression is 174, went thru the carb, & blew it out. trying to get hold of the guy that did the motor to find out exactly what he did. Would having the timing off by a tooth internally cause this ?

Comment

Posted earlier by ride65 View Post
        the engine was gone thru about a year before I got it,oct 09, it actually looks like it, case gaskets, etc,(what you can see) the compression is 174, went thru the carb, & blew it out. trying to get hold of the guy that did the motor to find out exactly what he did. Would having the timing off by a tooth internally cause this ?
        If it was a timing problem it wouldn't run good at all. It could also be a clogged main jet on the carburetor, this is another problem using the choke fixes. So it might need a carb cleaning.
        Regards

Comment

I cleaned the carb and removed all the jets, cleaned them, and blew them out then checked the float adjustment, could the carb be jetted wrong?
          Updated by ride65; April 18, 2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

More touchy things on Yamaha's. Check the mix screw on the carburetor, about 1 1/2 turns out. Spark plug, all gaskets are good between the carburetor and the intake, gas is clean, valves could of been thrown out of adjustment but I would check that lastly if all else fails and there is nothing else to do.
            Regards

Comment

Mixture screw set at 1 1/2 turns, gaskets are new, will check valves

Comment

checked the valves, on spec. bypassed the gov. now when you press the pedal to the floor it seems to have a miss. Back off then ease into it, the miss goes away when you reach crusing speed. choke dosen't affect miss
                Don

Comment

Well, i might have to go with you on this now. How does the timing look?
                  Regards

Comment

How do I check the timing? I can't find anything in the manual.(yamaha service manual)
                    Don

Comment

You have to pull the clutch and side cover off and check the timing marks. Check the coil timing too on the flywheel side. The CDI box also controls the timing of the spark on the G9's so if you have somewhere you can swap one out to try it is worth a shot.
                      Regards

Comment

Drilled out the primary jet .004 runs great now. no choke needed, not even when cold.
                        Don

Comment

lol, I figured. Thanks for letting me know what the problem was
                          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X