G2 Blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G2 Blowing fuse

My g2 keeps blowing the negative fuse in the back by the buzzer everytime I start to take off. I was driving the other day, got off for a minute then when the pedal was depressed again the fuse blew and since then everytime I try to take off it blows the fuse. Any suggestions of why that could be or where to check? Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi cpaulson. There is probably a crossed wire or loose connection near or around the solenoid. Take off and clean all connections and look for any wires that could have a stripped covering.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will check around for any wires stripped. I checked all of the connections and actually replaced the entire wiring harness about a month ago so all of those wires are brand new and taped still but I will check everything around the solenoid to. Thanks for the help

Comment

Yup let me know, I've had it happen to me the same way before, turns out 2 wires were crossing. Keep your eyes open mainly around the solenoid and the starter generator.
        Regards

Comment

Ok I have looked and so far am having trouble finding where the short would be, the fuse now is blowing the positive fuse, does that make any difference which fuse is blowing? I have rerouted the negative wire going to the solenoid and it seems to be taking a bit longer to blow the fuse, but I will hit the gas and it will start to take off then blow and just die, any ideas? or just keep searching for a stripped wire or wires to close to one another? Thanks

Comment

Posted earlier by cpaulsonIU View Post
            Ok I have looked and so far am having trouble finding where the short would be, the fuse now is blowing the positive fuse, does that make any difference which fuse is blowing? I have rerouted the negative wire going to the solenoid and it seems to be taking a bit longer to blow the fuse, but I will hit the gas and it will start to take off then blow and just die, any ideas? or just keep searching for a stripped wire or wires to close to one another? Thanks
            I would continue searching first, unless you have wired up your own headlights or accessories, if so unwise them now and try. Otherwise if it is not a wiring problem it could be something else.
            Regards

Comment

Matti,

It was a loose wire going into the solenoid, the crazy thing is that when it originally died thats the first one I check and must have gotten it just right! Also my fuses that were in there were only 3amp and the manual calls for 10 so that could have been an issue as well. Also is there any way to speed this thing up besides tightening the governor down? I put the lift on and big tires and just kind of want some extra speed or power. thanks

Comment

You could use a bigger main jet (more gas) and/or advance the timing a bit.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X