G9 Hard Starting When Hot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G9 Hard Starting When Hot??

I recently purchased a G9 cart that had been sitting for quite a while. It had water in gas tank. I drained gas tank, put on new carburetor, intake, and fuel pump, adjusted valves, put in new plug. Cart fires up fine when cold and runs fine as long as you keep running. When you stop when it is hot it doesn't want to start back up. It even pops and back fires some of the time. You can let it sit for a few minutes and it will fire right off and run fine again, until you stop again. I have run out of ideas. Does anyone know of things that I need to try next to get this problem solved.

I have a little dog that is paralytic and cannot use his back legs, and he loves to ride the golf cart. I try to ride him at least once around the block every evening. The back firing scares him pretty badly, need to get fixed.

Thanks for your help, Jim

I am not experienced on gas vehicles, but I think your dog would love much better the electric golf car. Mine did when she was alive. No annoying noises no carbs to clean.
    Check valves adjustment I would say? Not sure...

I am bumping this to see if somebody can help you.

Comment

Here are some common things, because it could be any of these.

Your intake is not properly sealed, yamaha carts are very sensitive to this, make sure the air box is sealed and all gaskets are in place.

Your carburetor could be clogged up, take it apart and clean it, pay special attention to the jets.

The valves are not adjusted properly, readjust them and make sure they are to yamaha spec.

If it is backfiring after you go full speed...then let off the gas...then press the gas again................your throttle is out of adjustent.
      Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X