G-1 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-1 Issue

81 ish g-1. will not start. New starter generator. Both selinoids reverse and forward clicking. getting power all the way from the battery, thru all wires all the way to starter. Everything works but will not start HELP !!!!!
    Updated by jbecker; September 14, 2009, 06:46 PM.

2speeds-stop and too fast

Have an 81ish G-1. Only has 2 speeds. stop and really fast. Will not go slow. When i hit the gas it takes off. Will not go slow. Any advice would be great !!!

Comment

I'm sorry but do you mean that the starter is not turning over or do you mean that the starter is moving but the engine is not starting?
      Regards

Comment

Starter is not moving. Has power all the way from the ignition all the way to the starter. New battery as well.

Comment

Bad ground is what it sounds like. I replaced the black ground and mine runs much better. I was having the same issue. You and try bypassing it but the black waterproof fuse is an issue with the g1s.

Comment

im new with the whole machanic thing and have a 89 model i belive and i have the same prob, good battery, power to what i believe is the starter, but from that i have no power to the main drive system. i can jump the starter to the main drive system and everything turns over and will run. where is the black waterproof fuse located?? any help would be appriciated.

Comment

Posted earlier by blaff View Post
              im new with the whole machanic thing and have a 89 model i belive and i have the same prob, good battery, power to what i believe is the starter, but from that i have no power to the main drive system. i can jump the starter to the main drive system and everything turns over and will run. where is the black waterproof fuse located?? any help would be appriciated.
              They are inline fuses used on the G1's. I would try jumping the solenoid in your situation, because if you press on the pedal and do not hear a click, the solenoid could be your problem.
              Regards

Comment

thanks matti, umm yeah is the solenoid the first lil can looking deal that the positive battery cable feeds?? like i said i am very stupid when i comes to this stuff. i am very interested in learning though. cant learn by taking it somewhere.

Comment

No problem blaff . The solenoid is where the battery positive goes to, yea that can lol. Jump it by running a car jumper cable across the 2 large posts.
                  Regards

Comment

hey matti when i jumped the solenoid and right when i hit the second post it sparked and the motor tried turning over, so does that sound like the prob or could it still be a fuse, i looked for the fuses and i couldn't find them

Comment

Yea it means your solenoid is beat. Replace it and you are good to go.
                      Regards

Comment

k thx

Comment

no problem , let me know if something else comes up along the way
                          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X