Issue with 2000 G16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with 2000 G16

Battery was replaced due to a dead cell two weeks ago...... Current voltage reading is 13.08V Battery terminals clean and tight so are the rest of the connections to the selenoid, starter/generator, etc....

By the way, this issue was happening before the new battery was installed as well.

Here is the issue: Every once in a great while, when I depress the gas pedal from a stop, you can hear a relay "click" and the generator/starter will spin the motor over (as usual) but the motor won't fire. Depressing the gas pedal after a few more times and cart runs "as usual".......

When the cart is running (which is 99.9 % of the time) , it runs smooth with no hesitation, no cutting in and out at all, no back firing, etc......

But this little issue crops up from time to time....The cart has never left me stranded but I'm thinking that my luck will run out one of these days.....

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what might be causing this to happen ? Is it the relay that may be at fault even though I can hear it "click" ??

Just to clarify, the electrical diagram on this cart shows TWO relays..... a small rectangular relay that wires plug into (that' the one that's clicking, I think) and a second relay that to me looks more like a typical selenoid as it is round with some screw type connectors on top....

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx !

No one has a clue ???

Comment

My g16 does the same thing.
      Just have not got to check it out yet.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X