Yamaha g-2 loses spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha g-2 loses spark

I am working on a G-2 that loses it;s spark at about 3/4 throttle. After the RPM's come down alittle the spark comes back until the RPM's get high enough again then the spark drops out again. This is a never ending cycle. I have replaced the ignitor unit but it didn't change anything. The pick up coil test ok. I put an extra ground wire from the engine to the ground terminal on the battery, still the same. Where do I go from here?
    Thanks Woody

g2's have a rev limiter built into them so you dont overrev them..you are probably hitting the rpm limit its set to....and thats why it starts right back up after the rpm drops..

Comment

That was my first thought, But I talked to a service tech at TNT Golf cars and he said they don't have a rev limiter. Plus this cart has run at this speed for several years with out a problem. I would have got back to you sooner but i was in the middle of replacing the pick up coil. No that didn't fix it either. I have also tryed a new ignitor unit. And the ignition coil test fine. There just isn't anything else left that would drop the spark like that. O yea the TNT tech also said that it could be a broken ground wire for the motor but I ran a new wire and that also did nothing. Thanks for responing.
      Woody

Comment

If there is a rev limiter wher is it or in what part is it. Because my service manual doesn't say anything about it.

Woody

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X