gas Yamaha car questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas Yamaha car questions

Hi Everybody my name is Tim. Cindy my GF and I have approx $2000. to spend on a Yamaha and we will use it work in our yard and go to her brothers house one block over.

What are the different gas models and what model and year would be best to purchase?

Is there a year or model to stay away from?

I plan to post this same question in the gas Club Car forum.

Thank you very much for your help. Tim

in my opinion yamaha makes the best cart. it uses a yamaha engine. all others use other motors made by someone else. i like the G16 & up= 2000 and up.

Comment

Gotcha pistolpete, Thats what I wanted to hear. Not sure what cart we'll end up with. Myself and Cindy want to use it for working around the yard using shovels and other hand tools and also, go around to the neighbors...we did drive a club car I think that has an aluminum dump bed and the special body for that. I hope to go out today and look around a Saylors because they aren't to far to go.

Comment

Posted earlier by pistolpete View Post
        in my opinion yamaha makes the best cart. it uses a yamaha engine. all others use other motors made by someone else. i like the G16 & up= 2000 and up.
        I think they are good carts but they have so many different models and dealers are far less common than Club Car and EZ-GO. You forgot the G-2/9s as well. Simple and bulletproof.

Comment

Yamaha advantages. self adjusting brakes on yamaha and ez-go, club car is a pain to adjust unless you pull the wheel and tighten the lug bolts. Pain in the butt. Yamaha does not depend on an oil pump, all the others do if it is a 4 cycle. Therefore, no oil filter. Change oil once a year for your projected use. Club car has an odd size starter/generator belt, 7/32 wide. Yamaha uses a 1/4 by 35 on old models and a 36 inch on newer models. Due to axle design, the Yamaha is not prone to cutting the lower pan open if you hit something sticking up in the yard.
          The cart man in Raleigh.

Comment

bonduranth, Thanks for the reply. Good to know those things because now maybe you can help me with my new purchase. Today we bought an 01 gas DS.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X