Cart will not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart will not

We have a Yamaha 4 stroke. 1 plug cart that when you press the peddle all the way down to start (take off) it bucks badly. After this bucking it go's good. I have replaced the plug, fuel filter, and checked the fuel lines. If i jack up the back end(wheels off the ground) press gas peddle it works great. What is wrong here, am I over looking something
    Updated by bobnason; April 8, 2012, 03:52 AM.

any noises comming from clutch area? rear end?

Comment

Thier is no noise from clutch or rear end. When you jack up the read end, and press gas peddle, it go's good. Once the cart gets to moving it runs good, unless you have to stop. Do you thnk the clutch is locking up. or not caching right. How do I check this? Bob
      Updated by bobnason; April 9, 2012, 04:49 PM.

Comment

is the front clutch closed or open ? the back driven clutch should be closed , the drive clutch should be open, i believe the drive ( front) clutch is stuck closed - with no load on it it will work fine, when you put a load thats when its buckin. like tryin to take off in your truck in 3rd gear. use a 2x4 & tap it oped , then lube it up .

Comment

use a 2x4 and tap it open then remove the belt, just roll it off the back clutch. lube it up should have a grease fitting on it , work it then reinstall the belt. done

Comment

OK ..The clutch was in the run pro. Took cover off clutch, and the housing open back up, old grease was hanging up clutch. This is a 2003 G22 yamaha. Now the thing will not turn over (starter) battery has full charge,(12 volts metered it) Reverse buzzer go's off, I can hear clicking from solinoid, I jumpered across solinold not spark and notta. what else could it be, any help is a big thank you. ....Bob

Comment

Well I tested the solinoid, with key on, test light connected across the solinoid, I pushed down on the gas peddle and it clicks and test light works. I think I might have a bad starter, anyone with me on this? ... Bob

Comment

make shure the ground strap that goes from starter/generator is grounded to the frame , try rollin it around with the pedal depressed. if it takes off put a new set of brushes in it and your good to go !

Comment

Well I want to thank Pistolpete for all of his help. Between the clutch being stuck, and I guess from trying to run it with a stuck clutch we burnt up the starter. I have the starter in a local shop to see if it can be repaired, or if we will have to get a new one. Again Pistolpete a BIG THANK YOU !!!! .... Bob

Comment

thats what were here for !!!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    X