G14 cowl (hood) removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G14 cowl (hood) removal

I am in the process of removing my cart body for painting. So far, I'm not having any problems except how to remove the rubber trim from the cowl.

It would be a big help if anyone could tell me how it's done, please.

They do a great job hiding the bolts on that but putting the cart on the lift or jacking it up reveals most of the mounts. Talk to your local Yamaha dealer and they may fax you over a diagram of the body of the Yamaha which will show you usually how and where each bolt goes.
    Regards

Comment

I had a G-14 but never took the cowl off.
      There's also the Yamaha Parts list breakdown with pictures that might help you, check here: http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan.../default.aspx#

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll check out those options.

Comment

There should be 2 screws behind the Yamaha badge, and a bunch of acorn nuts on the inside of the dash in the pockets and over the cup holder. And maybe two down low on the back side of the rubber joint by your feet on each side. I think it will come off then its been awhile. I can't remember if you pull the rubber and the metal off first or if you take it off the cowl after you pull it off.
          Mike

Comment

Posted earlier by mljstar View Post
            There should be 2 screws behind the Yamaha badge, and a bunch of acorn nuts on the inside of the dash in the pockets and over the cup holder. And maybe two down low on the back side of the rubber joint by your feet on each side. I think it will come off then its been awhile. I can't remember if you pull the rubber and the metal off first or if you take it off the cowl after you pull it off.
            Mike
            Thanks Mike. Looks like that will get the cowl off.

Comment

Well, the cowl is off. Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Mike
                Awesome Mike, thanks for that information.
                Regards

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the new paint job!

Comment

I pulled mine off 2 years ago so some of it was a little fuzzy. I hope I can get mine back together for next spring. There have been too many projects to get done.
                    Mike

Comment

I pulled mine off 2 years ago so some of it was a little fuzzy. I hope I can get mine back together for next spring. There have been too many projects to get done.
                      Mike
                      I know what you mean
                      Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      X