Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage To Ignition Switch ?

I have a 36 volt electric ezgo.
    The red wire to the key switch is disconnected at the other end, and the only place I can see where it might have come off from has 36 volts of juice coming out of it. Should there be 36 volts going to the ignition? I don't want to fry my system....Thanks

Based on your description, it sounds like there might be a modification or bypass attempt in place to maintain power to accessories while shifting from "F" to "R" in your EZGO electric cart. Typically, EZGO carts have a two pole key ignition and a forward/reverse handle under the seat that cuts off power when in neutral ("N"). However, some users may want to maintain power to accessories during shifting, leading to modifications.

In your case, it's possible that the red wire you're observing is part of this modification. Normally, you would expect the key switch to be the first component in the circuit, but EZGO implemented a different design. To address this, you'd typically disconnect the existing wires from the key switch and splice them together. Then, run a new 14 gauge wire from the pack positive or another constant power source to one side of the key switch, creating an "Always ON" side. Then, run a 16 gauge wire from the other side of the key switch to the charger socket or the reed switch, depending on your setup.

With this setup, the key switch still powers the cart with interlock functionality, and the forward/reverse handle still disables the cart in neutral. However, you also have a more robust key switch cold side that powers other devices without interruption. This allows for a more stable power supply to accessories while maintaining the integrity of the cart's original functionality. If you have any specific questions or need further assistance feel free to ask!
    Updated by Michael Eddie; yesterday.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X