EZ GO Electric Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ GO Electric Rebuild

I have what I believe to be a 2003 EZ GO TXT. Cart was purchased with some modifications. Previous owner installed a 6" lift kit with 22" Duro tires. I would like to return the cart to a more golf oriented condition. The batteries lasted about 3 years with regular charging, but I recently decided to bite the bullet and replace these with new Trojan T105's. When I pulled out the batteries it became apparent that the corrosion of the battery rack was too extensive to salvage, so I purchased a new powder coated rack as well. Removing the rack required no small feat as I kept detaching parts, drilling out rivets and prying fiberglass out of the way to get at the Torq screws fastening the battery rack to the frame. My question is simply "Am I on the right track and does anyone have suggestions before I attempt to put everything back together on this rebuild?" I really don't want to deal with the suspension and tires right now although if it's easier to replace shocks, tie rods, or any other suspension items while it's at parade rest I would appreciate the insite.

If you're going to replace the rack, shocks, suspension, etc. remove the body. It's nothing but rivets that need to be drilled out and a few bolts. Do a google search for: Remove TXT body, and you'll find two or three instructions. They are helpful and save time.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X