what is this cart? Western?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this cart? Western?

I saw a cart today, broken down in someones driveway.

It was old. It said Golf + Country by Western.

I looked under the seat, and got this number :

200134553. What year is this?

How many volts is it? It only has two 6 volt batteries in it. Not sure if the others are missing or if this runs on 12 volts?

There are no wires hanging, all wires are hooked up WTF?

I took a couple pictures but can't figure how to get them from my phone to this post.

Any ideas?

Is it possible for a cart to run on 12 volts?

What year is this old thing?
    Attached Files
    Updated by redman34; March 2, 2012, 12:14 AM.

Oh hey there! Looks like you stumbled upon a classic Western 200 golf cart from the early '90s. You know, Western was a customizer not a manufacturer. They mainly took EZGO chassis, adding their own bodies and suspensions to give them that unique flair. The frame and battery trays on that one look great which is a sign of good battery upkeep.

Now about the voltage, the EZGO chassis in that era usually ran on 36 volts, but Western often kicked it up a notch by throwing in an extra 6 volt battery making it a smooth 42 volts. And get this, they did it without messing with the motor or any other parts. They just wired that extra battery in with the rest, giving it a bit more oomph without a whole lot of fuss. Pretty slick, huh? Looks like you stumbled upon a real gem here!

Based on the photos, it looks like it operates using EZGO's resistor setup, a series of resistors to control the speed of the electric motor. When the accelerator pedal is pressed, it engages a set of contacts, completing the circuit between the batteries and the motor. The speed of the cart is controlled by this set of resistors. These resistors are typically mounted on a board, known as the resistor board, located right there in the center. As the pedal is pressed further, more resistors are bypassed, allowing more voltage to reach the motor. This increases the speed of the motor and, consequently, the cart. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X