The saga continues.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The saga continues.....

OK, so where do I start? 1999 EZ GO 36v series cart. All wires and batteries were hit by thieves(except for all the small wires around f/r , solenoid, etc). New batteries were installed, wires, and a heavy duty marine pull switch was hidden under the seat because the original key switch had been destroyed..I did not wire the switch a boat mechanic at a nearby marina did the batteries and wiring for free.
    The switch and cart worked fine for about two months. At the end of the season I trailered the cart home, drove it around here for a few weeks then decided it was time for the yearly freshening up. Pulled the switch and the cart started moving forward approx 5 mph. Read a few posts, and asked a question or two, decided on a new solenoid. installed new solenoid, and I found original blue and green ignition switch wires. they were all hooked up correctly according to the diagrams listed in the forum. I have tried a few switches, and nothing. All six batteries read at least 6.4 volts. My next thought was peddle micro switch. This is what I found.... why am I not getting power?
    Attached Files
    Updated by edwardteach; February 18, 2012, 05:02 AM.

Did you get this figured out

Comment

You know you need the cart in F or R to have power to the micro. If it's in neutral it want have power.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Thanks to all the fine people on this site, I believe that I am figuring it out!!!!! Downloaded the service manual for this cart, and started pulling wires and parts. I have found a broken control circuit wire, and a few shoddy splices in the control harness. Believe it or not, all of the micro switches have been removed and tested, continuity all ok! So I think my problem was the F/R thingamabob. It was coated in grease, all of the connections were iffy at best. I have removed it and all the connections, micro switches, etc... Also started the troubleshooting flow chart in the service manual is awesome. I have a good strong battery pack! at least I have had some good news. I will stop at that today! I have attached a few pics, and thanks again to all of you that help out us newbies on the forums, you rock!
        Attached Files

Comment

On the F/R cam make sure the springs are able to put pressure on the contacts. The one contact looks sunkin in and it maybe the problem. Hard to say by the picture but if it not making contact good it want move. Clean them good with some sand paper before you reinstall it.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I am planning to degrease the entire thing, and then sand the contacts. It looks like someone slathered the entire thing in axle grease. The f/r handle has always been a bit sticky....I noticed one of the mounting bolts was loose and it had caused the entire assembly to move out of alignment, so the arm was in a bind trying to move. Looks like someone used the grease instead of tightening a bolt. Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X