No announcement yet.

Ezgo wont go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grandson drove it all day and it did fine thnx again now its time for a paint job!

Comment

Shew that was a relief!

I saw where you posted again and I thought Oh no what happen! Glad it's running OK.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Well, I've spent a lot of time reading you guys and I got my cart running with all the information you guys shared here and I sure do appreciate it but I do have a couple questions if you ain't too busy.

My solenoid has a resistor connecting the large terminals and I'm not sure what it's for. The used control box I put on it didin't have one but I went ahead and intalled it anyway.

Secondly, my fnr switch isn't like any I've ever seen... I was wondering why it might be different. It isn't a toggle or a cam switch. Just a three position switch. The switch also has some type of resistor connecting two of the terminals. Can ya'll shed any light on what the resistors are about?

Comment

The one on the 2 big terminals is for the closing of the solenoid so it doesn't arck.
          The little one on the 2 smaller terminals is to keep it from back feeding it's a diode should have a white band on one side. This should be + coming in to it off key switch.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!

Comment

Thanks alot... You've been very helpful... The pro mechanic at the golf cart shop checked it out and decided my motor was bad but I suspected that it wasn't because I parked it when it was running fine, plugged it in and the next day it just didn't work. I know very little about golf carts but given that the control box had kind of a melted look to it... With my brilliant deductive powers being what they are and all... I was suspicious... Rocket science, right? Not so much. But I didn't have a clue how to start the troubleshooting process but you fixed that... Some of my leads had questionable connections and I think that may have been the culprit, so I replaced them all... so, Thanks again.

Comment

Here is a good article to read about them from Alltrax.

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...ns-Learned.pdf

This may help you to understand the workings better.
              sigpic
              I'm here to help!

Comment

Good info there Andy. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Hey gang, new to this forum but have had carts for a while.
                  My current project is an older Western Golf 36v with a Curtis 1204 controller.

I've just installed new batteries, which I assume I've done correctly. I'm getting 40v on charge and about 38 when first installed.

Problem is, the cart won't run. Solenoid clicks, but Im not sure how to test it.
                  I get full voltage (38.6) with key on, F/R in forward, and pedal depressed (across B+ and M- on the controller).

Positive and negative across the solenoid only show 28.9V and go to 0 when pedal is depressed.

Did I wire something incorrectly or is my solenoid bad?

Thanks!

I'll post up pics of the cart tomorrow when the sun is out. I've had her since the day she was born....many moons ago. Serial # 1000719141
                  Updated by KismetLRC; July 28, 2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you don't have the solenoid wire correct.
                    sigpic
                    I'm here to help!

Comment

Solenoid wires haven't been changed since it came off the factory line in 1989. Nothing around the engine, controller or solenoid has ever been touched.

Could I have wired the batteries up incorrectly to have this happen?
                      All appear to run In series.

Comment

Here's the voltage off of the solenoid. When the pedal is depressed, the voltage goes to zero.

What's the small black box here with voltage going to the solenoid?

Comment

Right side battery wiring. Negative going to charger inlet doesn't show up too well

Left side

Comment

Here is the schematic for it.

Check the micro switch and see it it's passing the voltage through.
                            sigpic
                            I'm here to help!

Comment

I've seen that and all appears to be good. Is there a schematic of the solenoid?
                              I'm concerned about the low voltage across the posts. This is a 4 post WR solenoid. 26V doesn't seem right.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              X