Ezgo wont go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezgo wont go

I have a 94 medlist the solinoid clicks but no move ment. just put new batteries in was running fine have power to motor all four lugs in reverse or forward seems odd

Take the F/R handle while you have the gas pedal pressed to engage the solenoid wiggle the handle back and forth. Don't jerk it just easly wiggle.
    They get hot a warp and loose conntact. Look at the cam and make sure all the nuts are tight.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

i tried this still no go i hear the solinoid click though and back up alarm works

Comment

Try jumping the 2 large posts on the solenoid with a 6ga cable. If the cart moves replace the solenoid.

Comment

i have power on both sides also have power at the motor lugs all 4 have power in forward and rev is this right seems odd

Comment

If you are testing the motor with a volt meter on the neg of the battery and pos on the terminals of the motor, you will show power to all four terminals. It seems to me you may have something hooked up wrong, or possibly a controller problem.

Comment

yes using volt meter had neg to frame though also was pulling hard in reverse when it quite. pulling as in the 39 chevy and was spinning tires. is there a way to ck control or motor to see which is bad ?

Comment

Man if you give details like this it's a lot better. Spinning wheels with a heavy load like that! You burnt the motor out of it more than likely are the controller are both.

I'd say you fried it. Check the F/R contactors and see if they are all burnt up. I'll be surprised if they aren't.
                sigpic
                I'm here to help!

Comment

Yes, that does appear to be a valuable detail you left out.

My guess is your controller is toast.....
                  Updated by oddpowers; January 27, 2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

To add to that, when you are checking voltage on an electric cart you need to check at the battery. Electric carts do not use the frame for any electrical connections including the ground.
                    If you want to take the time to diagnose and have some patience we can probably walk you through it.
                    Updated by dougmcp; January 27, 2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Sorry for my post earlier but details like that are how we figure out what happened to it.

I will help you all I can but you have to be forth giving of info when you want us to help figure out what happened. We need as much info as possible if you want a good answer to the problem.
                      sigpic
                      I'm here to help!

Comment

srry a bit overwhelmed with this computer forum and a bit mad upset with my self for using it as a tow truck im going to check battery voltage and check as much as i can then give you all a complete list of readings and findings thank you for your help so far

Comment

We're here to help as much as we can.
                          Has the cart been modified in any way or is it completely stock?
                          Maybe start by posting up your total pack voltage and each individual battery voltage and we can go from there.
                          Updated by dougmcp; January 29, 2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

its stock i checked battery pack neg side and pos side got 37 volts i put the f/r in either postion and press pedal and solinoid clicks

Comment

Jack the cart back wheels off the ground and put a cable on the 2 big terminals and then try it. If it works the solenoid is bad.
                              Just because it clicks doesn't mean much.

Another test take a volt reading on the small terminals one with key off and one with it on and see if it's passing voltage.

Make sure all the cables are good and tight. Pull on each one of them good. If they are good and tight then a good pull want hurt them. If they are loose are fixing to come apart you will find it.
                              sigpic
                              I'm here to help!

Comment

I jumped big post still just a click
                                I then turn key off and got 0 at small post
                                i then turn key on and got 37 volt at red wire small post
                                37 volts if i put grd on black wire small post and pos on red wire post with key on
                                Updated by Mick; January 31, 2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

is this good and is there a way to chk the controller?

Comment

Assuming everything is good to the controller you can test this way:
                                    Key on, F/R in forward, throttle depressed.
                                    Measure voltage on the controller from B+ to M- if you have no voltage the controller is bad.
                                    Here is a schematic of the controller:
                                    Click to enlarge
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Thnx i checked finally and no reading also noticed the flat lug comin out of controller has a seperation from the plastic around it like it got hot i know iknow i cuased this. Now is there a place to look for a controller at a decent price?

Comment

Are you looking for a new, used or rebuilt one?
                                        I believe you have a Curtis 1204 controller bu you will need to get the number off the end panel to confirm they are the same. It should be something like these numbers eg: 1204-1203 or 1204-201/207 or 1204X-P002.

Comment

Im thinkin new or rebuilt i found these on plate that black controller bolts to p168274 or do i need to remove controller to see the number?

Comment

Yes the controller number is on the bottom of it.
                                            sigpic
                                            I'm here to help!

Comment

i took it loose the only number is P168274 and has EZGO on face. it also sparked across lugs when i was taking it loose with the batteries diconected does it store energy? im told its a 1994 medalist serial is 822466 code j2294

Comment

They do store energy so the small arcing is normal.
                                                Your manufacturing code on your cart indicates it is a 1994 cart.
                                                The number on it is not an Ezgo PN or anything I am familiar with.
                                                Can you post a photo of it? Is it black or silver?
                                                Updated by dougmcp; February 11, 2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Black ill try to do a pic

Comment

cant upload pics says to big gives error

Comment

After you take your photo you need to resize it so the system will take it or use a photobucket account or even a service called tinypic.com
                                                      Does it look like this?

OR this?
                                                      Updated by dougmcp; February 12, 2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Bottom but has 4 lugs and 5 pins has m- b- b+ a2

Comment

Comment

Comment

Some one put a late model controller in the cart. That controller is only good for 275amps. I would say it's burnt up.
                                                              sigpic
                                                              I'm here to help!

Comment

I found a used 1992 Marathon controller and have sent the guy a tickler for the pricing. Will pass on to you when I get the info.
                                                                Ask andy4639 if he has a controller for sale. He just posted an Alltrax 400a series controller that would give your cart some extra pulling power.

Comment

would it work with my motor? And my wiring? If so how much you want for it andy and is it new or used ? Also thnx for all the help so far doug and andy
                                                                  Updated by Mick; February 13, 2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I have a controller for this. I would take $300.00 + shipping. It's non programable. Just put it in and go.
                                                                    It has the solenoid already mounted on it.
                                                                    I need to look and make sure it's for the 0-5k input though. I can't remember for sure are is it for a ITS.
                                                                    sigpic
                                                                    I'm here to help!

Comment

what amp is it and is it new or used?

Comment

Everything I have is for ITS signal. What kind of throttle does the cart have in it? It should have the pot box for throttle.
                                                                        If it's a pot box I can program it for you before I send it.
                                                                        A used 400amp long box.

$350.00+ shipping
                                                                        Prority mail is how I ship most stuff.

sigpic
                                                                        I'm here to help!

Comment

here is what i got andy[IMG][/IMG]
                                                                          Updated by Mick; February 19, 2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• #39
                                                                              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• #40
                                                                                The controller should work fine. Either one of them. It's a ITS series cart from the pictures. They are just about to small but you have the right stuff so your good to go.
                                                                                I didn't think they swaped over that soon to the ITS system.
                                                                                sigpic
                                                                                I'm here to help!

Comment

• #41

Comment

• #42

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      If it s the right stuff ill call you tuesday nite or wensday nite. im thinkin the 400 if you can program it for me so if i want to change later i can thnx

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I will check it and make sure it's set right for you. It should be good to go.
                                                                                        sigpic
                                                                                        I'm here to help!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          On the controller I have you are going to have to cut your harness and put spade connectors on the wires to hook it up.
                                                                                          sigpic
                                                                                          I'm here to help!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            on the 5 pin plug? and what order do i hook up? if ok when i do it ill call you

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Yes 5 pin plug. Yes call me when you do it. Just follow the digram for it and it should be fine.
                                                                                              sigpic
                                                                                              I'm here to help!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                got contoler andy whens a good time to call you?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I'm here at the house anytime is good.
                                                                                                  sigpic
                                                                                                  I'm here to help!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    The big terminals are the same as the old one.

The small spade connections are #1 power from solenoid.
                                                                                                    2 & 3 are the white and black from ITS pedal. The 4th one is for 1/2 speed not used.
                                                                                                    sigpic
                                                                                                    I'm here to help!

Comment

• #51
                                                                                                      Ok Andy got it cleaned and hooked . Battery pack, Neg toB- and charger
                                                                                                      Pos to solinoid right large post and charger.

B+ to 12 0clock F/R and solinoid left side large post
                                                                                                      B- to Battery pack Neg solinoid right small post
                                                                                                      M- to motor A1

S1 motor to F/R 3 oclock
                                                                                                      S2 motor to F/R 9 oclock

A1 motor to M- on controller
                                                                                                      A2 motor to F/R 6 oclock

solinoid with small post toward you
                                                                                                      left large postB+ F/R 12oclock
                                                                                                      right large post Battery pack pos. and blue wire to F/R

they have a diode or restor going from left to right small and large post on solinoid

Small left postred wire to 1 on controller red wire to F/R
                                                                                                      Small rightBlack wire to B- and another wire into harness

that about does it i just have to hook up the pos and neg to battery pack upon your ok !

Comment

• #52
                                                                                                        I'm at work tonight and will have to get home and look at the schematic to verify. It sounds right. The diode on the 2 small terminal should have a white band on it. It's the + side.
                                                                                                        sigpic
                                                                                                        I'm here to help!

Comment

• #53
                                                                                                          Hookup

Here is the link. Looks good to me.

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...O-Wire-Dia.pdf
                                                                                                          Updated by andy4639; March 14, 2012, 08:27 PM.
                                                                                                          sigpic
                                                                                                          I'm here to help!

Comment

• #54
                                                                                                            thnx will double chk tommorow against schematic

Comment

• #55
                                                                                                              IT RUNs Thnx andy and doug its on charger but it moved f and r had to change s1 s2 but seems ok now to make a cover cant wait to take it out and run it see if its any faster lol

Comment

• #56
                                                                                                                goes great but seems reverse is faster will see if can fix so rev is forward this weekend

Comment

• #57
                                                                                                                  Good to hear.

Swap the cables on the F/R cam. Some times like I said the S-1 and S-2 are swaped.
                                                                                                                  sigpic
                                                                                                                  I'm here to help!

Comment

• #58
                                                                                                                    Hey goes great Battery life seems short though any ideas less than 30 min run time

Comment

• #59
                                                                                                                      #1. I would say it's getting time for batteries.
                                                                                                                      #2. Do they have water in them?

It may take a couple of cycles to get them back up to fully being charged.
                                                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                                                      I'm here to help!

Comment

• #60
                                                                                                                        they are new batteries and i keep them on charger when not using

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                                                                                                        Loading
                                                                                                                        X