Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club car squealing noise (belt slipping)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic. Sticky topics are carefully selected for their exceptional quality and relevance. These topics stand out for providing valuable insights, comprehensive information, and expert guidance on the subject matter. When you see this message, you're accessing top tier content that has been curated to deliver the most relevant and insightful information available.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club car squealing noise (belt slipping)

I have 95 CC DS model. that has starting issue. Some times when I press the accelerator, the cart makes a squealling noise (belt slipping). And does not start, if I feather the accelerator in a fast pumping motion not fully but pressing the pedal but just slightly it eventually starts. When started it runs fine.
    OK I followed advice from someone and switched the cam lock to run cart in neutral. starter spins fine, most times the belt grabs and engine runs. sometimes the belt does not grab and squeal happens. belt feels and looks ok it seems tight but I cannot figure out how to make it tighter any advice
    Updated by happycamper; August 27, 2012, 08:57 AM.

Before diving into belt tightening, it's likely best to start with a fresh belt. Here's why: over time, belts can stretch and wear out, losing their grip and causing those pesky slipping noises.

Let's dive into tightening that belt on your 95 club car. Firstly, with the bolts loosened, you'll want to grab a long pry bar. Slide it under the generator but atop the bracket, then gently apply pressure to nudge it upward. Now here's the key, we're aiming for that sweet spot of tension. You want the belt snug enough to prevent any slipping but not overly tight, as that can cause undue stress on the starter.

If you're looking for an alternative solution, consider using a heavy duty ratcheting tie down strap. Loop it around the starter and the metal seat frame assembly, then commence ratcheting! Keep a keen eye on the belt's tension, we're aiming for Goldilocks level here, just right. Once you've achieved the desired tension, it's time to tighten everything in place. Secure the adjustment bolt and those two mounting bolts. And when all's said and done, release the tie down strap, and voila! Your belt should be sitting pretty, perfectly tensioned and ready for action.

And of course, if you've exhausted these methods and still find yourself grappling with belt tension woes, inspect the starter pulley. Signs of wear include visible damage, irregular grooves, or excessive slippage. If you suspect that a worn out starter pulley is the culprit behind your troubles, replace it. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X