95 g14 no mid or top end power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 g14 no mid or top end power

Hello i'm new to carting but been in auto repair for 30 years. Ran throttle directly from gas pedal to carb, moved pedal 1 spline for full thottle every thing worked fine for 2 months then sputters at mid range and wide open throttle. Removed air horn at carb and cart runs fine,no blockages anywhere and filter is new, removed carb and checked float level [ok] any help would be appreciated.

did you use the foam pre filter that they supply in a engine maintenance kit? if you did then try leaving it out and just use the pleated filter. I've had this problem with foam filter and just leave it out.

Comment

Even with just the S shaped snorkle it is getting too much fuel. New plug,checked valves,changed float level, cleaned carb again,removed all jets, blew out all passages with 150 psi shop air no help. No fuel in oil making it rich thru vent system. Runs perfect with nothing hooked to carb. Its like it needs a smaller main jet.

Comment

I'm back, rebuilt engine, new cam followers,valve springs, valve job, No help. Borrowed a carburator and air snorkel No help. Drained fuel tank and refilled with regular fuel No help. I'm at a loss of what to do next

Comment

Could the exhaust be plugged. Unbolt the exhaust and see what happens.

Comment

Installed plowman exhaust and tried different coil no help. Trying to locate ignition control box to try, checked advance on mine seems to be ok.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X