Squealing Drive Belt Has Me Stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squealing Drive Belt Has Me Stumped

I have attached a link to a video of the squealing belt on my 1999 G16 golf cart.
    I would appreciate any type of feedback on what possibly could be the problem or if anyone has experienced this squealing noise.

I have scuffed the sheaves to take off the polished shine, replaced the belt with premium grade
    check alignment of the clutches and check the wheel bearings and spun the transmission with
    an impact wrench and listened for any type of bearing noise. Ran the engine with the belt off.
    All is good.

I am completely stumped with this one. I was really hoping for a bad bearing.

Note: in the video I have the wheels and wheel hubs off. All that is spinning are the axles.

Please view the video.

[flash= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r_ec...page]width=425 height=350[/flash]
    Updated by DonnyC1; October 10, 2012, 07:42 PM.

What I think I am seeing is a belt that is a bit too wide for the pulley. It looks as though the belt is being squeezed, notice the two humps on the outside top of the belt as the belt goes over the pulley plus excess vibration. The belt should run down into the pulley not above it. I think you will find the squeal is being caused as the belt is compressed. I would try a narrower belt. Probabley will need to go to a slight smaller length

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X