99 Yamaha G16e problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Yamaha G16e problem

I have a 99 yamaha that periodically quits operating for a short period of time. After switching it back and forth between forward/reverse a few times, it starts operating. The terminals on the controller are very hot (almostmelting the rubber hoods). Any help appreciated.
    Updated by donc; February 27, 2012, 06:59 PM.

This is not good heat means bad connection so pull all large cables one at a time and clean the cables and terminals or else fry the controller.

controllers have temp sensors in them and will shut down when way too hot.

Comment

Thanks, I will do that in the morning. I was afraid the controller might be bad (expensive to replace) Donc

Comment

it just might be bad but for 400 to 600 dollars its still worth the cleanup

Comment

It appears my peoblem is the controller. I started the process of cleaning all of the cables and almost immediately snapped on of the brush studs off at the motot. After putting in new brushes and moving forward with cable cleaning, the selenoid post feeding the controller had the nut welded to it. After cutting the post off and installing a new selenoid, The controller posts are still getting hot (it hasn't stopped running yet, but i feel it is only a matter of time). I guess my next step is replace the controller.
          thanks to gaminde for leading me in the right direction.

Comment

99 yamaha g16e stops having same problem as you did you get it corrected. gaminde gave you some good input mine goes about a mile shorter time if 2 people in cart. i weigh 170 my wife 130. when depressing go pedal in forward or reverse does not move after setting aminute will go about 100 yds then does it again. after 20 to 30 minutes start pattern over again if you keep going it gets worse. seems to be a heat related does motor have a heat override switch. how can you check controller. when this happens i checked all connections they were not even warm. if it is controller where is a good place to get replacment. any help will be appreciated thanks dick

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X