How to check 1994 ezgo pulsor coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check 1994 ezgo pulsor coil

Can someone tell me what the ohms reading on a 1994 ezgo pulsor coil should be? Not sure if its bad or not will run at low speed but cuts out at midrange.

Have you had a chance to inspect the grounds at the mounting plate where the solenoid and ignitor are housed? It's not uncommon for rust to creep in, leading to a compromised ground connection, especially affecting the ignitor's performance. A quick test could involve running a jumper wire directly from the metal plate to the negative battery post to gauge any improvement. I've encountered a similar scenario with my TXT – corrosion buildup between the plate and the body caused grounding issues, which impacted the ignitor's reliability. A simple fix involved cleaning the area thoroughly and adding an extra wire from the negative battery terminal to the plate for a solid connection.

When it comes to ignitor failures on the Robin motor, they're relatively rare unless there's been a mishap like reverse polarity. Typically, issues arise from poor grounds or ignition coil problems. For diagnosing the pulsar coil, try connecting a test light to the positive side of the coil without removing the red wire. Does the test light flicker or remain steady when the engine is turned over? This can provide valuable insights.

In my experience, despite experimenting with various aftermarket components, the problem persisted until I opted for OEM parts from the EZGO TXT manufacturer. While aftermarket options may seem tempting, OEM parts often deliver the most consistent results. After numerous troubleshooting sessions, I've found that OEM parts reliably address the issue. If you're still grappling with challenges after exploring alternative solutions, investing in OEM parts from the TXT EZGO manufacturer could be the key to restoring your cart's performance.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X