'79, No spark issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '79, No spark issues...

Working on this for a friend, he told me it was a '79. Gas, single cylinder, old automotive style coil.

Im thinking the wires going to the coil may be hooked up wrong, there are 4 wires, two on + two on - i tested them and only one wire has 12v when i press the pedal. The other 3 have continuity to ground all the time. Also when i have all 4 wires off the coil the engine will not turn over when i press the pedal..

Im a diesel mechanic, this is not a compression ignition engine so im running blind lol

Any help would be great

Corrosion or poor grounding can disrupt the electrical flow, leading to inconsistent coil performance. Thoroughly cleaning the ground connection and checking for the presence and integrity of the ground strap are key initial troubleshooting steps. Additionally, examining the ignition wires for signs of corrosion or damage. These wires play a role in transmitting electrical signals to the coil, and any faults in their connections can result in power delivery issues. Carefully inspecting each connector and wire, especially at their crimped points, helps identify potential areas of concern and allows for necessary repairs or replacements. Here is a thread with some more details on troubleshooting, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Im also attaching the wiring diagram here for reference, let me know if you have any questions:
      Attached Files

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X