86 EZGO, new body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 EZGO, new body?

I just purchased an 86 EZGO (gas) yesterday, and I would like to put a newer style body on it, but I am unsure how new I can go. Can anyone help me with an answer? I wanted a golf cart I could fix up just the way I wanted, so why not start from scratch Thanks for your input in advance.

Congratulations on your new purchase! Switching from a Medalist body to a TXT body is relatively straightforward and requires minimal effort. However, if you're dealing with a Marathon model, the process becomes more challenging due to significant differences in frame mounting points. While it's not impossible to perform a Marathon to TXT body swap, it typically involves more extensive modifications and craftsmanship to verify a proper fit.

That said, there have been instances where they have successfully completed Marathon to TXT body swaps, albeit with varying degrees of success. Some have managed to create convincing conversions, while others may have encountered difficulties along the way. If you're set on pursuing this route, I would recommend exploring options for a Marathon conversion kit, which can help streamline the process and address any mounting point discrepancies. Ultimately, your decision may result in a unique "hybrid" 1994.5 model, blending elements of both Marathon and Medalist designs.

Many people have mistakenly believed that the body of the marathon cart was welded on. However, the truth is that the rear fenders can be detached, and the metal surrounding the battery area can be unbolted and removed. Although the process may seem straightforward, it can be somewhat time consuming due to the presence of rivets, rusted bolts and stripped screw heads. Nonetheless, with patience and the right tools, removing the screws and rivets is achievable, albeit requiring some extra effort.

EZGO has a history of implementing changes between models gradually, often transitioning from older models to newer ones without abrupt shifts. So, while it may require some extra effort, with the right resources and determination, you can achieve the customization you're aiming for. Here is a photo for comparison. Best of luck with your project, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X