carburetor questions (eh29c)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburetor questions (eh29c)

The cart I worked on last year came back today... this time it had dirt in the carb bowl and stuck needle valve.
    Question is this: there is a hose port on the side of the carb but the hose is missing. It is small (1/8 inch) next to the fuel inlet. I tried to plug it, but the thing wont run that way. I guess it is to draw vapors from the tank, but I see no place to connect. Does anyone know what this port is? What goes there?

This is a robin 4 stroke about 12 hp.

thanks

Hello, those are just overflow outlets. There should be a 6 inch hose attached to it and run towards the bottom of the cart so that fuel can drain away from the engine.
    Regards

Comment

Hey Matti, I am back.

If you are correct, then I think I have found the source of dirt in the carb!
      The parts diagrams have it shown with a hose but no more information. It is listed as "vent", I think.

That makes sense. The hose must have fallen off. I will try to find a tiny air filter for it...cigarette butt maybe? Seriously, it might be better to route it back to the tank or something

I know this...it wont run with vent blocked.
      Updated by grey; May 20, 2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Posted earlier by grey View Post
        Hey Matti, I am back.

If you are correct, then I think I have found the source of dirt in the carb!
        The parts diagrams have it shown with a hose but no more information. It is listed as "vent", I think.

That makes sense. The hose must have fallen off. I will try to find a tiny air filter for it...cigarette butt maybe? Seriously, it might be better to route it back to the tank or something

I know this...it wont run with vent blocked.
        Hi grey, no air gets sucked in through these holes so there is no need for a filter. EZGO just calls for about a 7 inch tube to be connected to it. Dirt in the carb is from dirty fuel, no good fuel filter or a cart that sat over the winter with out being started regularly. Make sure the owner drains the carburetor next year and puts a additive into the fuel tank so that it does not happen again.
        Regards

Comment

I have spent many hours cleaning these carburetors, why? because I am always too busy to start up my carts over the winter. Guess id rather spend my spring with a few cans of carb cleaner.
          Regards

Comment

hi i am having trouble finding parts for the eh29c. Specifically a carburetor rebuild kit. Do they make one and if so, where might i be able to find one.

Comment

Posted earlier by n59mower View Post
              hi i am having trouble finding parts for the eh29c. Specifically a carburetor rebuild kit. Do they make one and if so, where might i be able to find one.
              Try the EZGO dealer
              Regards

Comment

eh29c engine runs nice and slow while in charging mode but when finished charging, will no longer run slowly like i need. what is solution? the carb appears to not have any set screws..please help.
                Updated by mlcak; April 25, 2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X