Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help 1979 ezgo

Hello,
    New here. Ok so I have a 1979 ezgo with a 2 stroke 244 Robin. I have recently put on a new carb, new fuel pump, and a new piston and rings. ( Honed cylinder, STD piston.) I had problems all last summer after I got ahold of it through another family member that didnt want to invest time or money into it. I think the main problem I was chasing was the lack of compression due to the piston and rings. It would go in spurts of running and not running. So now after I got back to it and got the piston and all put back together, once again it is still not up to par. When I get into the throttle and it starts up it will be smooth, spit, smooth, spit and so on. I can watch it spit out the carb and if I Pull the fuel line it will spit there also. Not a backfire flame, but pretty much a backfire or spit without the flame. I work on vehicles but dont have any experience in the two stroke dept. Which leads me to this question also, is the coil on a two stroke different than a 12v auto coil? I ask because my post broke on the original one and I temp put a 12v auto coil on it to test it out. There is no condenser on it and was not one when I got it. Could this be the cause? Any help or suggestions ?

Spits and sputters? It is the crank seals, you have to replace them both. Do this and you should be good to go. I am not sure about the coil interchange, but it will not be causing the current problem you have. But I would suggest going to your local EZGO dealer and picking up the original just to be on the safe side.
    Regards

Comment

Hey thanks alot. I suppose I will have to find time to tear it all apart again now. When this thing runs, it rungs great. Bad thing is it has ran very often lately. Body is in great great shape on this and I just want to get it running the same once again. Hopefully doing the crank seals doesnt give me to much of a headache. Thanks again!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X