Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 ezgo clutch problem please help

I am working on a 89 ezgo 2cycle
    I finally got all the brake parts I needed and cleaned the fuel tank out and was ready to drive it around before I tear it all apart and paint everything.
    I installed the drive belt and started it but it would just rev not move forward or reverse at all. I looked and the drive clutch on the crank shaft does not expand at all even under wide open throttle. So I removed the bolt from it and took all the 1/4 inch bolts out and then had to tap the drum but got it off. I was thinking it just rusted on the shaft and would not let it move but cannot get the rest of it off the crank shaft at all. Is their something I should be looking at that freezes up from sitting or what to try now? I found a good lead on some tires and wheels I was going to go get saturday but want to make sure it will move forward and reverse before I spend anymore money.
    Thanks In advance.

Hi badbowtie You need a clutch puller to get it off, the drive shaft end and clutch end are both V shaped and when pressed together by the main bolt that holds the clutch on the V's press together forming a very effective pressure bond.

PS also check that the shifter cables that attach from the differential to the shifter are in tact and working.
    Regards

Comment

I would say yes since the motor does not turn over if it is in neutral and I can actually watch the clutch and it does not expand to even touch the belt at all.

Comment

Well no need to worry about the clutch I sprayed it some more today and tried to take a 2x4 and tap it in to make it move between the body and the rear wheel and now I need a new one all the weights fell out and it is know cracked. I can not believe how much hey cost so not sure what to do know.

Comment

It's a hobby and a investment, don't worry the same problems happen to me and all of us, but for some odd reason I cant seem to stop messing around with my carts
          Regards

Comment

I am looking around online and I see some that say they work on a 89 but mine is not a cone on the end mine is flat does it matter or what the deal.

Comment

You will need one for a 1989 and up 2 cycle E-Z-Go Cart, the one you are looking at is for 76-88.
              Regards

Comment

If you go to ebay they have the flat nose one that says it works on 89 and they also have the cone stlye nose and it says it works 89 also.

Comment

I'm not positive about the interchange between years, I just know that those were the years the cart went with little or no change. Try contacting the person in charge of the ebay listing and they will confirm if the clutch will work. Just so you're on the safe side.
                  Regards

Comment

Okay I have a new clutch and got it installed.
                    everytime it sits I have to pull the air intake hose of the carb and put some fuel in a spray bottle and spray it directly in the carb to get it to start.
                    After doing that a couple times it will start on its own but if it sits for a hour it will not restart unless I spray fuel in it. Any ideas

Comment

You cleaned out the gas tank, did you ever clean out the carburetor? If not, give it a try and take apart and clean the jets
                      Regards

Comment

I have cleaned out the gas tank and installed all new fuel lines and filter and made new metal line and cleaned the pump and the whole carb.

Comment

Okay, also you said earlier that you tested the fuel pump right? How is the compression on the engine, around 125 PSI is normal.

If all gaskets are in place on the intake, the air filter is on and sealed properly, the compression is good and the fuel pump tests out okay I would suggest cleaning the carburetor out one more time taking apart everything and even soaking it in cleaner over night.
                          Regards

Comment

yea I have 125 psi I am going to work on it some more tonight.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            X