having trouble lubricating front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having trouble lubricating front end

My golf cart is an EZGO gas with custom lift kit (see picture) I'm having trouble lubing the front end main shaft on both sides (see other picture) I don't know what to call this shaft, but the picture should explain what I'm talking about. . These shafts won't take any grease. I've removed the zerts and cleaned them, but still not able to force any grease into the shafts. Anybody have any tricks for how to get grease into these shafts without removing them?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 2 photos.

Updated by rbdaves; April 26, 2014, 04:05 PM.

Hey rbdaves. This is a great question, I am happy to help! You must replace the zert with a brand new one. After you purchase a new zert, if it still does not take grease then you must take apart the joint and clean it out completely, then re-assemble it and lube it until grease starts overflowing out of the end joints. Relube once every 2 weeks, or sooner if you ride in the dirt and mud.

P.S. I do know a trick to get the "clean" the joint with out removing it, but it will require purchasing special tools which will cost about $30-50.

Mike Eddie.
    Updated by Michael Eddie; April 28, 2014, 11:20 AM.
    Regards

Comment

Thanks, Mike
      Do you know what kind of an engine might be in my golf cart? It doesn't have any labels on it.

Comment

• Michael Eddie
        Michael Eddie commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure RB, what is the serial number please? Mike Eddie

The serail # is: 1198523
      Thanks

Comment

Mike writes: " I do know a trick to get the "clean" the joint with out removing it, but it will require purchasing special tools which will cost about $30-50."
        What might these tools be? I'm in an RV Resort with a shop full of tools.
        Thanks.

Comment

engine is Fuji/Robin EH29.

Comment

RB, find yourself a hand powered hydrolic pump. Purchase the correct fittings so you can hook it up directly into where the grease zerk screws in. Pump hydrolic fluid directly into the grease zerk hole. The huge amount of pressure will clear some of the hardest clogs. Mike Eddie
            Attached Files
            Regards

Comment

Posted earlier by rbdaves View Post
              My golf cart is an EZGO gas with custom lift kit (see picture) I'm having trouble lubing the front end main shaft on both sides (see other picture) I don't know what to call this shaft, but the picture should explain what I'm talking about. . These shafts won't take any grease. I've removed the zerts and cleaned them, but still not able to force any grease into the shafts. Anybody have any tricks for how to get grease into these shafts without removing them?
              Good News! I own a grease gun and the shop in the RV Resort I stay at had an air hammer. I flooded the King Pins with penetrating oil yesterday all day, then, today, I pumped the gun while a friend applied the air hammer and the king pins finally took a lubrication. Thanks the help.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X