questions about lift and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about lift and tires

I just bought a ez-go txt 2001. It is lifted, but I'm not sure how much. How would I tell how much lift it has? Also the tires on it now are 22x10x10 I would like to run some bigger tires say like a 23 x 10.5 x 12. How much lift would I need to do that? I can take some pics if that would help. Kinda wondering if it's a factory lift or a kit was installed. Will post some pics later today. Thanks for any info

it would be helpful to post pictures there are a number of lift kits

Comment

You could measure the front shock mount extensions if its aftermarket, alot of those lift kits use the stock length shocks and extend the mount up.

Comment

Ok, thanks a bunch gaminde, and wthompson.... this is what I have discovered so far. It appears to be a 4" lift, by measuring the shock mount extender, also measure the rear from the top of the leaf to the bottom of axle, it also appears around 4" and the front supports also say 4". So that looks to be it. I have posted a couple of pics for input tho.

so the question now is whats the biggest tire I can run?? Can I run a 12" on say a 10" wheel? The steering is pretty touchy now.

I have 22 x 10 x 10's now, what would be the proper air pressure on those?
        where can I find a owners manual and service manual? (perferrably a free download)

Thanks... I have other questions but maybe should make another properly named thread for those.
        Attached Files

Comment

i have a manual in pdf on my laptop will post it later.

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
            i have a manual in pdf on my laptop will post it later.
            That would be great!!! Thanks

Comment

gaminde, anyway you can tell for sure what size lift I have by looking at the pics I posted? I wanting to get some more tires, butnor real sure what I can go with. thanks

Comment

the service manual i have is for 2003 and up but i think they is not much difference.
                Attached Files

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X