Mud Wasp Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mud Wasp Nest

Is there a good way to remove a mud wasp nest from my muffler or should I just make a lamp out of it?

Ah yes, the old mud wasp up the muffler trick. There several ways to try to remove the nest, none are great but will probably work. Short of cutting holes and rewelding the muffler us a flexible small rod to get out as much as possible. If the nest is good and dry a rubber mallet will break up a lot of it and shake like crazy. One of the old tricks many years ago was to put the muffler in a fire (or propane torch), get it good and hot, cool as rapid as possible. This would break up (burn) the old oil and nest inside, again using the rubber mallet beat the snot out of it, lots more shaking. Then try the air compressor from the engine side as you apply more rubber mallet. Or make a lamp and get a newer muffler.

Comment

Thanks Larry1950, I will try everything. I learned one thing, I will NOT use a pressure washer unless I'm wearing a swim-suit next time.

Comment

Kinda chilly for swim suit this time of year. At least the mud wasp nest usually doesn't go too far up the exhaust, unlike mouse nests.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X