About to pull my hair out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to pull my hair out!!!

I am really hoping someone can help me out. I have an older EZGO Gas cart that I really can't find any information on. At sometime the data plate was changed and I can't find an EZGO number on the cart anywhere. My main problem is that the motor turns over great, the engine fires, but it doesn't get gas. I thought at first that the fuel pump was bad so I bought and installed a new one. The cart still doesn't get any gas. I have replaced all the fuel lines and can back pressure the tank and it will hold the pressure. Can anyone give me an idea what may be happening. This cart is definitely a project cart and I would really like to get it running before I start on the cosmetics.

have you pulled the carb and checked the needle and seat? the pick up tube from the tank at the elbow ? un screw it & blow thru it. take line off the carb & turn motor over & check for gas flow. go back to basics. do one step at a time instead of trying to diagnose the whole system at once.

Comment

I am having the same problems as you are but i know that it is the needle in the carb that is sticking closed, will be fine for a while but then will just stick closed and it will run out of gas in the carb, i put a carb kit in it too, it may be your issue also but make sure that your getting gas to the carb first, good luck!

Comment

Yeah, so far I have changed the fuel pump, fuel lines from the tank, pulled the drop tube out of the tank and blew through it, cleaned the carb. I am not getting fuel to the carb. I can back pressure the tank and it will push gas out but doesn't seem to pick the gas up with the fuel pump. Now I have to buy a new battery since mine decided to die! So for today I think this is my best bet!

Comment

If you can pop a picture of the golf cart and of the engine I can tell you what model it is
          Regards

Comment

Matti, I here is the first picture of my cart. I've had a little trouble getting them to load. Will try to get the others to load now.
            Attached Files
            Updated by jahenbo; April 19, 2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I hope these are good enough for you to be able to tell something about my cart. The one with the data plate is just showing that someone changed it out since it's where ezgo put theirs. I know the number gives no help but it is 800905. If the pictures need to be better let me know.
              Jay

Comment

Really getting frustrated trying to post these pictures. Something is just against me getting my other pictures posted.

Comment

Trying again!
                  Attached Files

Comment

It has been such an ordeal to post these two pictures that I am not going to attempt the other ones. The data plate I talked about says its from Golf Cart Systems - Clearwater, FL. I tried googling them but didn't get any information.

Comment

It amazes me how you can google something a couple of times and find nothing and then google it again and find what your looking for. I actually located Golf Car Systems today. I was able to contact them and even though they couldn't give me an exact year model they did tell me that it was a marathon between 1980 and 1984. At least that makes it where I can at least order parts when I need them. My biggest problem now is that all the sites I find that have free service manuals for download have newer models but not this year model range.
                      Updated by jahenbo; April 19, 2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

If you are looking for engine parts, you have a Robin 2PG engine. 2 cycle. That means if you are planning to put gas in it, mix it with 2 cycle oil. This golf cart does have an automatic gas oil mixer, but it is common to fail with OUT warning. Mix gas at a 128:1 ratio. They ran this engine on EZGO's 80-88, since the manufacturers number plate is gone, there's no telling an exact year, but that is not needed since we know the exact engine that is in it.
                        Regards

Comment

By the way if you are having trouble posting pictures email them to me and Ill gladly add them. matti@golfcartsforum.com
                          Regards

Comment

i have the same motor and is getting gas and spark but wont run on gas can any one help me out

Comment

Posted earlier by tncautorepair View Post
                              i have the same motor and is getting gas and spark but wont run on gas can any one help me out
                              Whats the compression reading?
                              Regards

Comment

I have the same cart and I had a crank seal go bad which causes the engine to lose vacuum. The fuel pump runs off of the engine vacuum so no vacuum=no fuel. Try moving the clutch side of the crankshaft and see if there is any play in it. Mine had noticable play in it. There is supposed to be a way to check it with spray but i'm not sure how so you would have to research it.

Comment

Posted earlier by Matti View Post
                                  Whats the compression reading?
                                  60 is what i got

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  X