bad luck charley brown ezgo gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad luck charley brown ezgo gas

In checking my 1988 ezgo 2 cycle gas engine would go to high aceration on start up. Inspected unit found micro switch at the end of acelerator cable out of position. started taking screw out of micro switch the screw broke off. no room to drill out old screw and replace w/newlooks like I will have to remove muffler and cross member to get enough room to do the job. when i take out the cross member how hard is it to get position. back in to place any body been there done that. need advise

The throttle microswitch plays role in the operation of your vehicle's engine. It's a small electrical switch that is activated by the movement of the accelerator pedal. When you press down on the accelerator pedal, it pulls on a cable that's connected to the throttle mechanism of the engine. This movement also activates the throttle microswitch. Once activated, the microswitch completes a circuit, informing it that the accelerator pedal is being pressed, and not allowing the engine to operate if the key has not been turned.

As far as drilling out the old MS, it's all about patience and precision. Taking the frame out is one thing, but putting it back in can be a bit finicky. You'll want to make sure you line everything up just right to avoid any issues down the line. Before you start, take some measurements and make some reference marks so you have a guide for putting it back in. Keep some blocks of wood of various sizes on hand, jack stands and a floor jack. That way, you'll have better maneuverability where everything needs to go.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X